Whether it is a move, merger or simply company growth – there will come a time where your business will have to move offices, which in turn will result in substantial and complex changes to your ICT infrastructure.
Relocating is not as simple as picking up some computers and transporting them across the street or the other side of town. No, it is way more difficult than that. Typically the average office relocation takes several steps to make the transition and post transition hassle free for the client.
Our Office Relocation Process
- First we do an indepth analysis and audit of the ICT infrastructure your business uses
- Next we get our planning hats on and begin to assign who will do what, how long it should take, what happens if this doesn’t work, and so on.
- Then we will provide notice to 3rd parties
- Before doing any move we make sure to backup all the data stored on your servers
- During the move, we also look to decommision, providing you want this, equipment that is outdated or faulty and needs to be replaced
- Depending on the condition of the new office, we may have to do some patching and cable management
- Finally we get around to the main part of the move and that is moving everything to the new desired location
- All the equipment will need setting up and testing to make sure everything is working as it should be
- Now that the move is complete, we are here to provide post move support
This is typically what the process looks like from start to finish. We try to make these moves as painless as possible by minimising disruption to your business. We do this by having a clear set linear process and have a rigorous planning phase, but we also use other techniques. For example, we prefer carrying out the move on the weekends or outside of normal working hours, so you can keep business operations as usual.
Other Office Relocation Services
Finally, because you are going through such a transition point in your company, we like to recommend other services, such as moving all your data to the cloud instead of having it all on physical servers in your office, likewise we like suggesting the need for upgrades during moves like this, for example your business may need new phone lines or your IT hardware needs upgrading. Therefore we recommend being as open minded as possible during these moves to make the most out of them.